Sunday, February 18, 2007

Star Light's first return home


I'm trying not to be sad today. Star light, my youngest daughter, who now lives in New York state, came back home to Texas for a week's visit. She's back on a plane to NY as I write.

This is sort of a cheat picture because it wasn't taken today. But I think it represents well my world today -- a day of thinking of and remembering her visit. Just a week ago, Star Light, Star Bright (my other and oldest daughter), Kitten (my 2 year old granddaughter) and I went to Comanche Trails Park. It was a warm, sunny day and we intended to go geocaching there. We ended up merely taking a nice walk through the park, and then the girls horsed around on the monkey bars, acting like, well, like monkeys.

Yay! S.L. just called me from the airport and has announced she'll come home again in August. That news is the perfect antidote for feeling blue today.

P.S. We did go geogcaching another day and successfully found the cache.

No comments: