Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Huevos de la villa gallina de Jorge


That title is horrible Spanish, I'm sure. I was trying to say "eggs from Jorge's chicken house." Jorge, my boyfriend, says the only way I'll learn is to speak it, errors and all. So, there you have it, errors and all.

In any case, aren't they lovely? The hens have begun laying just in time for Easter. How kind of them!

These beauties are from the efforts of a whole new batch of hens. Sadly, the previous four were killed by a dog Jorge recently adopted, Milagro, who didn't yet know the rule of Everyone Gets Along Or Else at Jorge's place. Pancho Villa, the rooster, survived the carnage somehow, probably something to do with those three inch spurs he sports on each ankle. I miss dainty little Sylvestra. She used to be Pancho's Number One, clucking by his side all day long. Jorge hasn't yet named the new ladies. I guess he's waiting to make sure Milagro has learned his lesson first.

Keep your fingers crossed because we sure do like these tasty, free range, brown eggs!

4 comments:

ZanBarrage said...

Oh these look just right for three minutes eggs. Salt, pepper, and maybe some tabasco yummmmm.

Debi said...

So right, Fawzan. Or with my favorite, Trappey's Louisiana Hot Sauce! :)

judith said...

Can you believe it? I'm almost to the end of all your posts. It's taken me all weekend and this evening.

I think your title should have been

Huevos ala las gallinas de Jorge. That translates into Eggs of Jorge's chickens. Because it's the chickens that had the eggs not the chicken house. Spanish is quiet literal. This is why those online translations don't work so well. But we get the message.
BTW... I don't care for the computer generated/fixed photos near as well as I like the REAL photos. I wish I had just a pinkie's worth of your talent with a camera.

judith said...

On second thought.... Huevos de las gallinas....