Sunday, May 06, 2007

Grandfalls





I went to visit some friends in Grandfalls today, a small town about 60 miles south, population 361. It was a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon, visiting friends -- 2 of the 361 -- then driving slowly back home, stopping when I liked, taking pictures. I was thrilled to see one of my favorite desert flowers, the pink plains penstemon (Penstemon ambiguus). This view shows a single plant, but in other places it was growing prolifically. Still, I liked this view best, illustrating the showy way it catches your eye. I gathered some seeds because, while I've seen it grow in spots, it's not common here. I would love to have some growing on my place, blooming from May to August.

2 comments:

lebanesa said...

beautiful. that light joyful colour of the flowers against the countryside.
Thanks

Bobbie said...

Love that pink! Beautiful plant and looks like a beautiful day. I don't remember Grandfalls, how about some shots of the town?