Friday, June 01, 2007

Bob, I'll take door #627


627 Clemments, Odessa, Texas

Yesterday while I was out with Star Bright looking to buy a pinata for Kitten's upcoming birthday party, I came across this door. I just loved it. I don't know why, but in the picture I even like the graffiti around it. (I can't read the stuff -- hope it doesn't say anything terrible!)

P.S. Today is Kitten's 3rd birthday. Her mom and dad are giving her a Farm/Barnyard party tomorrow. I worked on her present today and I'm loving how it's turning out. But I can't blog about it just yet -- want to keep it a surprise for both granddaughter and daughter.

6 comments:

Audrey said...

I love this. I can't really describe it, it's just perfect.

Rima said...

Amazing blue colour, beautiful door. don't like the graffiti too much though, sorry! kind of ruins the composition.
What I do love is to see the world through your eyes. Somehow, everything becomes so mcuh more interesting than it would be otherwise.

Audrey said...

I like the graffiti, it adds a nice contrast to the rest of the colors. Plus it adds a new element to what might have just been a quirky door. Did you take a landscape shot of it?

Artists With Artitude said...

Happy birthday, little one! I like the colors and the graffiti. It gives movement to what would have been an otherwise static picture.

lebanesa said...

the graffiti echoes the curlicues on the security gate.

Debi said...

Audrey, I do have landscape shot, too. I always take multiple pictures.

Rima, I feel the same way. My world becomes more interesting to me too when I've got my camera in hand, which is almost always now. Something about focusing your thoughts and eyeballs in a 2X3 dimension.

Neda & Frances, you both helped me pinpoint why oddly I liked the graffiti. :)