Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Agave from above


Agave from above

I had to stand on a stack of wood, stretch my arms out, and aim my camera over this spiny and very large agave. It was a blind shot. I didn't see this amazing world first hand, only the camera did. I thought it was breath-taking, this Agave from Above.

Even the normal human view, on the right is still lovely. But you can see by those spines why you can't get too close.

By the way, I want to say again thank you to my mom who lovingly gave to me her camera, a Panasonic DMC-FZ5. I never did feel like I was a good match with my Nikon Coolpix and the kind of pictures I like to take. Not only is this camera amazing, but the extreme gift (of camera and confidence) has made me get out there, camera in hand, and try to live up to that generosity.

7 comments:

Rima said...

What a stunning and surreal image! Thanks Bobbie for giving Debi the camera - we're all immensely grateful to you as well!

Bobbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobbie said...

What a beautiful image of a gorgeous plant. Those spines are nothing to fool with though. It makes me so joyful to see you using and enjoying this camera that sat in it's case doing nothing before.

The deleted post before was to correct my spelling. :)

lebanesa said...

Lovely - so glad you have a camera that suits you - kind Momma - it benefits us all. Your photos are so great - subtle, interesting as well as attractive.

Donna C said...

Try painting this pic.

Rima said...

Brilliant idea, Donna

Artists With Artitude said...

Steely elegance. Agave it a ten!