Friday, July 06, 2007

Anything for Hannah


Hannah wondered what other blogger's mailboxes looked like.
Here's mine.


Some of my long-time readers will recognize this mailbox (it's even the same picture). This is the mailbox that was here when I moved into my house, lo so many -- nine -- years ago. From the first day I lived here I planned to replace the banged up, faded watermelon version with a new one I decorate myself. I even have the new mailbox waiting, sitting in my closet.

Hannah, I can see a smiling face in my mailbox door. Can you?

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Yes I can! =) A nice big watermelony smile.

You should really work on the mailbox this summer. I think it would be much fun.

Bobbie said...

You know, that mailbox has gotten more and more character as the years have gone by. I say keep it like it is, watermelon smile and all!

Hannah's Mom said...

Oh my gosh!! THat is the cutest mailbox ever! Hannah had the biggest smile and said how silly is that. she saw the face and now wants to paint our mailbox. So, tomorrow watch for the results.

moving engines got to run!

lebanesa said...

the porch - beautiful - it is what I always think of when I picture houses in the States - must be all those movies with so much going on on the porch.
I miss that here, no-one sits out front. I have been thinking since I got here of putting a bench and some more pots of flowers there and sitting accosting passersby - maybe you have to be over 90 to get away with that kind of behaviour - if I ever to it, I'll keep you posted.
LOL

lebanesa said...

excuse typing - do it
;-/