Sunday, July 08, 2007

Two Things 2007-07-08


"Inside & Outside"

This trumpet vine outside my bedroom window grows both outside and inside. This is the second year it has figured out how to do this. Last winter I cut off the limb that had previously made it in, so I didn't think it would do it again this summer.

It wriggles its way in between the top and bottom pane of the glass. I suppose for various sound reasons I shouldn't let it do this. But I like it. Just so as long as it doesn't grab me in the middle of the night and haul me off to some evil human-devouring plant kingdom, I'll enjoy it .

4 comments:

Rima said...

We'll notify the authorities (wildlife or park ranger?) if you stop blogging suddenly! But it does look more like a friend than a foe-na... hehe

Bobbie said...

I can picture you sleeping whilst this tendril slowly creeps towards your big toes!

Anonymous said...

The carnivorous plant in Little Shop of Horrors was named Audrey. Now when you see your own vine reaching out from the window, you can think of your daughter. A strange association perhaps, but kind of fun in its own way.

lebanesa said...

Rima - DISgusting and made me laugh - I love bad jokes. I guess you have the same advantage I have, bi-jokial.

Love the vine - so great. Nice - indoor plant and outdoor plant.
We had to cut a wisteria back when we moved in here, it had grown into the utility room and was lifting the roof off and growing in and out of the roofing sheets... hard to do these things. You could grow it round the room like the rubber plant in the Library at BHS.