Sunday, August 19, 2007

"Beautiful Girl" for all you Beautiful Women

I've been working on the bathroom walls, listening to my iPod -- thank you again Audrey :) But when I heard this Poe song come up on the shuffle, I had to wash off the goop and come share it with you. I thought of you all...Mom, Audrey, Antigone, Katlynn, Donna, Rima, Neda, Windy, Hannah, Frances, Irene, Beverly, Linda, Nelda, Pat, Amber, Sue, all of you that I see here and there, and all you that are quiet readers.

I dedicate this to my women friends and my family of women because "someone's gotta hear this!" And I wish you could. It's a lovely, lovely song.

Beautiful girl,
You must've been a beautiful baby too
Beautiful woman,
You must've had your moments inside the sun
Beautiful girl

Beautiful stranger
Why do you have to walk with
your head hung low
Beautiful girl

Your eyes are mockingbirds
inside a guilded cage
Your life's a silent movie
that I haven't even heard for ages
Tell me everything,
someone's gotta hear this
Beautiful thing

Beautiful mother, frozen in ice
I've waiting for you to grow for my whole life
Beautiful girl

Your eyes are mockingbirds
inside a guilded cage
Your life's a silent movie
that I haven't even heard for ages
Tell me everything,
someone's gotta hear this
Beautiful thing
(so beautiful)

9 comments:

lebanesa said...

Lovely lyrics. We need things like that to uplift us. Thanks Debi. Beautiful all the way through.

Audrey said...

A) I'm glad to see you using your iPod.

B) I'm glad you are listening to Poe. I love her. She's fantastic and I love that song.

Bev said...

The lyrics are poetry! I like the way it delicately hints at the bad times but the overall effect is inspiring.

I don't know who Poe is, but I'm going to find out!

ZanBarrage said...

ehm..... ok I am feeling left out here. So I am going to double dedicate the song to all of you beautiful women. If you ladies only knew Debi when I was in school with her. She was the heart throb of BHS when I was there, and looking at your recent picture girl, you haven't lost it!

Bobbie said...

Thank you for dedicating this song to us and I dedicate it back to you. What a beautiful sweet/sad song.

Irene said...

Lovely song, lovely lyrics. Lovely Poe. iPod gives you the sound track of your life. I think I need to get me one. Back to my wish list.

Hannah's Mom said...

I love it!! When I get home I am going to have to download it for my iPod. :) It is beautiful and thank you for thinking of us when you heard it. Poe... I dont know that I have heard of her.

Thank you Debi for sharing!

Hey, how is the bathroom coming? :)

Debi said...

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the song, and I do hope you get a chance to download it for a listen. Like Audrey said, Poe is fantastic.

Fawzan, you poor dear! Among all these women. I'll find a song just for you.

Artists With Artitude said...

Don't worry about him, Debi. He's used to it!

What a lovely dedication: you are so full of love, ya Debi...If only the world could see you and read you and learn from you. A true angel.

When I was growing up, I did not like to hang out with others, especially girls. It is only in the past decade that I have come to appreciate other women (maybe because I am meeting genuine ones like you who are so far from the snotty academic-stab-in-the-back-I-could-kill-you-with-my-high-heels-if-I-could types..)Thank you for including me in your celebration.