Thursday, August 09, 2007

Shhh, Sleeping in


Angel sleeping in

For the first time in her life, Kitten has spent the last two days and nights away from her mother. Antigone, who is pregnant, is in the hospital. She got a virus on the cruise they took and didn't recover from it. She got dehydrated and has spent the last two nights at the hospital. Hopefully she comes home today.

Kitten has been doing pretty good hanging out with me, but come bed time is the hardest for her. The last thing Kitten said last night, in brave tears, was "I hope my mommy gets feeling better." I think that little arm is reaching out for where she hopes her mommy will be again soon.

9 comments:

Rima said...

Bless your heart, Debi! you must be so worried. I hope Katlynn's mom comes home today, feeling all better. Brave little angel! So cute (and she looks a lot like my Maya like that).

Hannah's Mom said...

Oh my gosh Debi... I sit here crying. :) That little arm sticking out, reaching for her mommy. What a sweet thing she is. I have a confession to make... Hannah still sleeps with us and she is 7. During the week while Todd is at work she sleeps with me, but soon will have to sleep in her own bed, she is getting way to big. :) So I feel her pain... give her a big hug for us!!! Keeping Antigone in our prayers!

Bobbie said...

I hope Katlynn's Mommy is better tonight and gets to come home soon. It is hard for a little girl to be away from her Mom, but lovely for her to be able to stay with her Grannie Bay.

Antigone said...

OMGoodness, I almost cried but held back because she is now asleep in my arms while I check the gazillon emails and blogs that I have missed out on while gone.

Thanks for everyone's prayers. I do feel better and am glad to be home.

lebanesa said...

So glad you are back home and feeling better, Antigone.

Rima said...

Dear Antigone, so glad you're back home - pregnancy is hard enough without extra complications. Try to take it easy. And kiss your mommy for all of us, for taking such lovely, sweet pictures of your lovely, sweet angel (doggone it! she really looks like Maya like this, I have to send you a pic). Now put your feet up and rest!

Artists With Artitude said...

Habibti!I could hug her. Thank God her wish came true! Love to all!

Antigone said...

Awe, thank you for all your well wishes. I am feeling better and am taking it easy. And mostly enjoy being home, yea'h!

Lisa said...

Antigone, Soooo glad to read you are home now. You are such a wonderful example of how a young mother should be...Time to be wonderful to yourself too and take care! Rest and blessings for you --Lisa