Saturday, August 25, 2007

Time!


Oil field equipment, purpose unknown but not a time bomb. At least, I'm pretty sure it's not.


Audrey and David arrive this afternoon! I'm still not done with that bathroom, but I'm working madly on it right now. I'm listening to a Michael Buble CD and am singing loudly (and badly) with this old 60s Broadway tune, "Feeling Good"
Birds flying high
You know how I feel
Sun in the sky
You know how I feel
Reeds driftin' on by
You know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good
I'm feeling good

Fish in the sea
You know how I feel
River running free
You know how I feel
Blossom on the tree
You know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, don't you know
Butterflies all havin' fun you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when the day is done, that's what I mean
And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
For me
For me!

Stars when you shine
You know how I feel
Scent of the pine
You know how I feel
Oh, freedom is mine
And I know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
It's a new life
For me

And I'm feeling......good
I'm feeling good.
I feel so good.
I feel so good.

11 comments:

lebanesa said...

Thanks Debi, that is one of my favourites. Cheered me up when i was feeling a bit down. Have a great visit with your beloved daughter and son-in-law to be. Happy times.

Hannah's Mom said...

YAY, Audrey and David (probably there now) are alost there!! Have a most wonderful time with them. I can feel the excitement and anticipation in the air. :)

Love ya!

Bev said...

I've never seen one of those before! We don't have much oil field equipment round here.

Don't know the tune, but the lyrics are enough. Listening to poetry while painting the bathroom!

Hope you have a great time with your family.

Rima said...

Yay, another Canadian connection - Michael Buble is from Quebec. Sweet song.

What a photograph! Debi, you make the most ordinary objects look like something one has never seen before. What a gift you have.

We want to hear all the details of Audrey an David's visit - lots of pics please!

Rima said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rima said...

Sorry that last one was me, blogger hiccuped and regurgitated the same message

Artists With Artitude said...

Wabi-sabi, baby! I am so happy for you! I hope they all arrived safely and you guys are sitting on your wonderful porch, laughing and catching up. We'll give you a break...but we want pics soon. Love to all!

Bobbie said...

Enjoy your visit and give my love to them. I wish I could see Audrey this time...I keep missing her but maybe next time our stars will cross.

Irene said...

The picture of that big tank is wonderful and the words to the song are very beautiful and I remember the tune, so I could sing along. Thank you for sharing that with us. I'm feelin' pretty good myself.

Debi said...

Beverley, you are lucky not to have oil field equipment around there. In spite of my great picture (ahem), it's not all that attractive.

Neda, I laughed when I read, "Wabi-sabi, baby!" You get me. You really get me. ha

And thank you everybody for the well wishes for Audrey's visit. I have to share her with the rest of the family (imagine that!), but of course I'll be posting lots of pictures of this happy week.

ZanBarrage said...

You know what Debi? You are gonna cost me a lot of money. I used to be a good photographer, but then I gave up my Minolta SLR for a Cannon Digital camera and lost it all. I am now thinking hard of buying a Digital SLR and these are not cheap, but I can't stand not taking good photos anymore. It's all your fault.... Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it at least.

Hope you are having a great week with the family!