Friday, October 05, 2007

Commemorative Air Force


Over my house

I don't know much about planes, but I do know that some people -- guys mostly -- get really excited about the Commemorative Air Force. Last weekend they had their annual air show. Even though the headquarters and museum is almost 30 miles from me, these four planes flew over my house several times. Before I had my camera in hand they even did some interesting formations -- were they practicing, or showing off? Either case, it was entertaining (and free).

9 comments:

lebanesa said...

And you didn't have to hang out on a field all day!
I've just come over to visit you because I was struggling here and suddenly remembered your post about setting time limits to do awful boring stuff. I am going to re-visit that and read it again to motivate myself to GET SOMETHING done in this dump! LOL ;-) I'm missing you, Debi, looking forward to you having more time and inclination to blog again. Love and Peace, doll.
xxx

lebanesa said...

FOUND it, Debi, the 15-minute rule, use a timer. Brilliant. I am going downstairs to get that timer.
Yippee!

nelda said...

Kindra and I attended the airshow several years ago and had a great time. We were fortunate enough to hang out with some friends that were older - he was a WWI vet - and gave us a lot of information. Ronnie and I went another time, but didn't stay long - the wind was blowing dirt in our faces and we were miserable.

Rima said...

Been looking up to the sky a lot lately... :-)

dave said...

I was thinking the same thing Rima:) Very nice Debi!

Bobbie said...

Great shot! I know how difficult these moving objects can be, just check out the butterfly on my blog..bad, bad, bad!

Irene said...

I'll have to show Eduard this shot when he wakes up and he can tell me what they are. He is an airplane crazy guy.

Artists With Artitude said...

Oops, I was wrong...Big Brother was not watching you (it was busy spying on your neighbors)...It's the Texas Flying Aces who are watching and circling over your house... tee hee :)

Anonymous said...

Great work.