Tuesday, January 01, 2008

This or That Vote Winner

Drum roll ple...Oops, you can already see who the winner of December's This or That draw is.

Yes, it is Andi, of The Thinks I Think. Andi is spontaneous, fun, creative, and witty. How do I know? Because I read her blog, of course. ;) I also know that Andi likes bright colors. How do I know? Because she frequently commented about love of colors in her votes on This or That.

Andi has vowed for 2008 to "show up." Well, dear, here is your first reward for showing up. How serendipitous is this?

In other news, I wanted to point out that I've been adding suggestions for Have Camera Will Shoot, the January experiment. You can see the ones that have come in so far on the right. I'm already very excited and look forward to trying to fulfill a request per day. For those of you that haven't yet made suggestions (hung over, are we?) I'll be taking suggestions through Sunday January 6th.

And for you other photobloggers out there, I wanted to point out a fun little contest over at Photozan, where you can vote for your favorite Ansel Adams quote. Just reading them was a huge inspiration to me. Thanks, Zan.

And for my last bit of stray news, here are my answers to the Tag that's been going around.

I have been tagged by Diane Clancy of Diane Clancy's Art Blog.

THE RULES:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.

2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

One: I was born in the most northern U.S. state but consider myself a Southerner.
Two: I've confessed this on another tag before, I lose spoons. I used to blame my kids when they lived at home. I can't do that now they are grown and it's just me here.
Three: I have lived in 22 houses, 15 towns, 7 states, and 3 countries. Yes, I counted for this tag.
Four: I've never met anyone famous. I did see Ray Charles at the LAX airport once. But he didn't see me.
Five: I haven't turned on my TV in about four weeks. I wonder if it still works. I wonder if The Office (US version) is still airing. The one show I liked a lot.

Tag, you're it: Photozan, The Thinks I Think, Three Hundred & Sixty Five, Heavenly Body, and Hello Nelda (yes, you'll have to figure out how to post again, Nelda).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four: I've never met anyone famous. I did see Ray Charles at the LAX airport once. But he didn't see me.

Best line in a blog meme/tag, EVER!

LOL

Ooooh. Poor Ray Charles...

dianeclancy said...

Hi Debi,

What a creative way to announce the winner ... very nice! Congrats, Andi!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Bev said...

LOL Ray Charles.

I have never felt sorry for Ray Charles. He had a great life, and a rather interesting and active personal life as well.

Rima said...

hey, no fair - I tagged Andi first, sniff. Good luck getting Zan the Man to answer the tag. then again, he does have a bit of a thing for you, so he might.

your answers made me think of this: I've also lived in 3 different countries, and moved 16 times (that I recall) in my lifetime. Another move coming up soon. I feel like a tumbleweed.

Rima said...

oooh, oooh, i just remembered why I wanted to comment here - sorry, I'm very old and senile. Is one famous if they are quoted in a real best-selling book? If so, then, ta-daaaa! we've met! sorta..
(I'm in a book by NYTimes' Jonathan Friedman, and so was famous for a fraction of a second)

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Thankyou for the tag!
I will post soon:)
I'm blogging in spurts today as I don't have time to indulge in my blogging addition all at once!

PS: I've never lived anywhere in the last 15 years longer than 2 years so I'm not going to count! However I can say I've lived in 5 towns and 3 cities in my whole life:)

Bobbie said...

Yea Andi! Way to go and lucky you! You have quite a list going, my dear. I'm so glad to have one of my requests done (rusty things). Thank you!

Debi said...

LOL, thanks D.C. I'm glad you liked that one. I'll have to remember it for the next time I get tagged.

Diane, thank you even though the picture turned out blurry -- apparently it takes two hands to take a good photo. Hmph. Who knew?

Bev, no need to feel sorry for the Ray Man. And I do hope my "joke" wasn't offensive. Like Homer Simpson says, "It's funny because it's so true!"

Rima, I tagged several people that had already been tagged and one that says she doesn't know five bloggers. Sigh. That's what you get for being the last of the bunch to play the game of tag.

Rima #2, being a tumbleweed can be fun. And why am I suddenly thinking of Willie Nelson? "On the road again..."

Rima #3, seriously?! That is awesome. What book and what quote? I tried googling but got too many hit/noise to find anything properly.

Mom, it turned out really nicely -- YOU being the first one to make the first batch of suggestions, and the very first thing you suggested was something I had plenty of. It's going to take me a day or two to get out and about to bake fresh photos specifically for the requests. Woohoo! I did get quite a lot and it's going to be interesting.