Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Better Brittany

...
Brittany Hinkle, Hair Stylist, graduates March 2010
November 11, 2009
Odessa, Texas

First time I ever tried using the college cosmetology department for a haircut. I was extremely lucky, I think, because I got a young woman named Britanny. Brittany was superb both in her skills and her comb-side manner. I couldn't be more pleased with my 'do.

These young women work three 1/2 days a week, 10 hour days, all for the privilege of learning how to cut hair. Remember to tip them.

4 comments:

judith said...

Great place to get your nails done too! People forget that these girls don't get paid.... they are at school, the tips are truly appreciated. Yes, don't forget to tip them and if you are lucky you can follow them to a salon after they graduate.

John M. Mora said...

Your portraits of strangers are "deeper" since those ya know well like you and smile a lot. I guess that is a good thing.

Listening to Nada Surf on a train heading into Manhattan.

Bobbie said...

Brittany already looks like a hairdresser! When do we get to see the results???

Aunti said...

Yeah where is our pretty girls picture after her do?