Tuesday, January 05, 2010

That's So Wo Wo


"That's So Wo Wo" 1, 2, 3, 4 (Click to see full image)
West Odessa, Texas


Sometimes things in West Odessa are not all delicate weeds with soft focus backgrounds. Sometimes things in West Odessa are, well, just so Wo Wo.

Wo Wo? Sounds like the word "woe." Twice.

Remember back when the comedian Jeff Foxworthy did his "You might be a redneck" jokes? It's very much like that. My favorite of his is "If your porch collapses and kills more than six dogs, you just might be a redneck."

In West Odessa, we might add our own version, "If Jesus sits in a chair on your front porch, you just might be Wo Wo." And if you take photos of Jesus sitting in a chair? I'm afraid to know the answer.

4 comments:

judith said...

Oh girl... you could fill a coffee table book with pictures of Wo Wo in West Texas.

Bobbie said...

Love the thumbnails, so fun when the whole picture is shown. Jesus in a chair...what can I say? It is my favorite.

John M. Mora said...

the first and the last, magical genius.

Janet M Kincaid said...

If you take pictures of Jesus in a chair that makes you one of my favorite photographers ever.

Okay, seriously, my goal this year is to actually meet you in person and spend time shooting stuff together. Love all these, but I esp. love the Jesus Reclining one.