Sunday, May 20, 2007

A few recent reads


One of the good things about traveling and then upon coming home not feeling up to par -- I nabbed a nasty northern bug while I was up there -- is that you have time to catch up on a few reads.

The Orchid Thief, a nonfiction work detailing the outrageous mania for orchids throughout the last couple hundred years.
The Diary of Mattie Spenser, sent to me by my mom, a good quick fictional read about the pioneers settling the Colorado Territory.
The Giver, given to me by Audrey, a young adult's science fiction depicting a possible future where there is no pain. And no joy either.

5 comments:

Bobbie said...

I actually added/removed The Giver from my reading list several times, but in the end I decided not. And of course, I loved Mattie Spencer. The Orchid Thief sounds good, any chance of mooching it from you?

Anonymous said...

My son read The Giver in seventh or eighth grade, I think, and recommended that I read it too, so I did. I liked it.

Artists With Artitude said...

A summer reading list already? I am intrigued by the "Orchid Thief" too....

Artists With Artitude said...

Debi...check my blog. I have tagged you!!!

Antigone said...

Orchid Thief? Was it good?