Saturday, June 23, 2007

Gift of Gocco


Gocco PG-5

My birthday present arrived this week -- all the way from Japan! What's a Gocco you say? It's a machine that uses bulbs like the old fashioned camera bulbs to burn a screen for printing. This particular model prints roughly up to 4X6 inch images. There are also larger ones available, as well as models and ink available for printing on fabric. According to what I've seen on the web, it should make professional-looking prints. I've been very keen to try screen printing for a long while, and now I have this friendly little machine to help me dive in.

For anyone interested in more (and for a reference for myself) here are some links I found:

A flash video demonstration on how to use Gocco.
A flickr discussion group for Gocco.
Save Gocco's resource links page.
A page of lovely prints from a Gocco user in Japan.
The great variety of uses and inspirations from Flickr users of Gocco.
(And possibly my favorite Gocco print ever.)
The great variety of uses and inspirations for sale on Etsy.

I'm very excited about giving this a try, hopefully tomorrow. Thank you Mom and Antigone :)

5 comments:

Bobbie said...

The squirrel caught my eye too. It looks like fun and I can't wait to see what you design!

Rima said...

Okay. I've spent the last half hour looking at all the links, and seriously considering going into debt for one of the large Goccos. But reason has prevailed (also the cards committing harakiri in my purse) - and I will just have to sit back and see what you come up with! I wonder if the bird can be Goccoed...
This device looks absolutely fantastic, what a great idea! Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Love,
Rima

lebanesa said...

That looks so interesting. Compared to my dusty old homemade silk screen printer it looks a lot more reliable. Look forward to seeing the results.

Hannah's Mom said...

How very interesting!! I can hardly wait to see what you come up with... :)

Hannah's Mom said...

Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to Debi... Happy Birthday to you!! :)