Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sweet Tweet collage


Click for a larger view

Woo-wee, I'm on a collaging roll! Funny how once you get started it gets easier and the less intimidated by your own fears you become. Here's another thing I'm finding: that I have no idea what I'm going to do until I sit down with a magazine and scissors. No master plan, just whatever comes to mind.

My sources this time were a full page Tabasco magazine ad, dictionary page punches, and a bird from a kid's Audubon book I used to make the silhouette.

9 comments:

Rima said...

You are on a roll! Love this one too - very nice theme you have going there. also love the japanese box... and Katlynn's special button (I clicked on it). Maya is just about to turn 4, and she started fiddling with my laptop at around the same age - watch out!!
Keep'em coming
:-)

Rima said...

Sorry for the double-entry, but I also wanted to say how much I enjoy the photo composition as well, so dreamy - not just the work of art, but also the birdcage, the beautiful box, the globe, all sympols of a flight of fancy, imagination, escaping the everyday ... very nice

Debi said...

You are going to love this, Rima. Everything you see there? All garage sale/thrift store finds! The little lacquer box was the most recent nab, for a buck.

Hannah's Mom said...

Love it!!! I absolutely adore your photos. You have inspired me to go on a Photo Safari with my daugter today... lets see what we see.

Windy

Antigone said...

very very cute and I love the bird theme too.

You have inspired me, I wanna do it too. ha. In my spare time?...

Rima said...

My next visit to Tejas, we're going thrift store shopping together!

Bobbie said...

Ah Junkin' as we call it! Don't we love it, we surely do. I love this collage too. Nice to see you on a creative roll, and also the nice photo that goes with it. You are blooming girl!

dave said...

Soooooo Awesome! Could be a sweet record cover!

Artists With Artitude said...

Debi!!! I am inspired. I love the red, the simple crisp lines, the witty image. You've got ir made, babe!