Friday, July 13, 2007

Heavy heart


In memory of Aram

My heart is heavy at the news of the tragic death of Payam's son. For those of you that don't know him, Payam is a long-time friend from my high school days in Lebanon. Payam was then and is now one of the most joyful and loving persons I have ever met.

Aram, which means "calm or serene one," was 21, attending University when he was killed in a car accident on Tuesday. He was a straight "A" student, loved literature, and making people laugh. Sadly I never met Aram but that's a description of the lovely person he was according to an email Payam wrote a year ago, where he described each of his three children with glowing love and adoration.

I hope you'll take a minute to send a prayer for strength and comfort for the family. And give your loved ones a kiss in memory of Aram.

4 comments:

Hannah's Mom said...

I am so sorry for their loss... sending my thoughts and prayers to them. Yes, kiss your loved ones and make sure they know what you feel... love, admiration, etc.

lebanesa said...

Very sad news.
When the news arrived, my heart turned, remembering Payam's laughing face - hope he can gain strength and support from all his well-wishers

Sarmad said...

Payam's sister Hoda had a small service for Aram last night which Linda and I and some other friends attended. Coincidentally, while there Hasti called Hoda, and Payam was with her. I spoke with Payam, and was extremely touched by his strong faith. He told me that he misses Aram very badly but he was now in a better place, and that he was grateful that he had him for 21 years while on this earth. He told me how much of a humanitarian Aram was; that he was involved in many causes, and he'd spent time in Africa on humanitarian missions. Despite so much tragedy Payam still laughs. His outlook to life does not change. God bless you Payam. Keep your indestructible spirit alive.

Bobbie said...

I too am sorry to hear of this news. I remember Payam from many years ago when he was younger than his dear son. I can only ask God to bless him and keep him close to his breast during this terrible time.