Monday, August 27, 2007

Reward


Rima's Digital Art Workshop #3, "Moonlight Swim"

As a reward for working so hard this afternoon, I gave myself a treat to work out another idea that came to me. (This image really inspires me for some reason...the human touch?)

What I did: oh lordy, lots of things. Let's see, more cutting and pasting, some brush work, some smearing, some rubber-stamping, some hue saturations, some dodging, and some burning. I also applied various effects like lighting (flashlight), distort (ocean ripple), pixelate (pointilize), and artistic filters (watercolor & dry brush).

6 comments:

lebanesa said...

Another great idea. You are really cooking - I love the sea - and she looks like a pretty strong mermaid!
Sailors might have a hard time with her!
LOL

Rima said...

oh, too cute! but if I end up with a mermaid too, it'll be your fault, just like the went-to-bed too late bags are mine!

Bobbie said...

I love this painterly image and it is wonderful too. I feel that you have transported a little of yourself into these paintings. Yes! This is what I thought photoshop would be about! You do good work, dear!

Irene said...

You do such a good job, Debi. I admire your ability. She makes a good mermaid and such a strong one too. Wish it could be me in the water like that...

Hannah's Mom said...

Oh my gosh!!! You amaze me... what a beautiful protrait. I absolutely love this series.I have to agree with Frances, "Strong Mermaid", just like the artist. ;)

Artists With Artitude said...

Gosh! DEbi!!! I thought of doing the same thing: giving her a mermaid tail in honor of her beauty and years. Now I have to come up with something else!...Seriously, she looks great. Good job.