Monday, September 03, 2007

Blue Bathroom


Results of 2 weeks of work

At last, the bathroom is put back together and everything functional again. I still have some things I'd like to do, like maybe make that skirt, but for now I'm enjoying the blue color, a few new fixtures, and having a sink that isn't crashed into the wall.

I have to give Windy a special thanks because I took her suggestion of painting only one wall blue and I like that result very well. I couldn't get a picture of the whole bathroom (it is a very small room), but on the right I'm sharing a picture of a little decoration on the white wall. Rima will like this: it is a garage sale find, re-painted with left over wall paint.

I have to share with Frances that I did buy a new sink with a pedestal as she suggested, but when we tried to install it, we found it would require a re-do of the pipes in order to fit behind the pedestal. When I win the lottery, I'll hire professionals to redo it all and I would like a sink like that then.

For now, though, I'm very happy with my little bathroom, now freshened up a bit.

12 comments:

nelda said...

Your bathroom is lovely - I really like the blue - and especially like the blue butterflies! Very neat! You did good, Girlfriend!

Rima said...

You did it! I love how blue this blue is - it's almost like it's alive. It's a very mediterranean colour as well as a very Mexican blue, like being on vacation every day. I do love the butterflies! That's a really neat idea to create accents with the same blue.

lebanesa said...

Looks great - glad you didn't fall in the sink again.
Shame about the pedestal. We have the opposite thing here. I want to tile a tiny shower-room and I can't think how to do it without taking out the sink and toilet and re doing all that. If I tile round, I won't be able to remove them if there is the need to later. What a life!

Irene said...

The bathroom looks great! You did a real good job on it, Debi. I do like that blue color very much, it does look Mediterranean. Too bad about the sink, but it looks nice now too.

lebanesa said...

Debi
Had you considered boxing the sink in? You can do that with 3 small screens made with whatever you prefer and hinged. You can just attach to the wall near the sink with one of those hook things, like they use on gates. Then you can decorate as you like. When it needs you can just wipe over instead of washing as you have to with curtains. Also less likely to fade or get stained with soap and stuff.

Bev said...

Lovely fresh look to your bathroom. That blue really sets off your fluffy white towels, and like the wicker basket. Good idea just painting one side blue as it is the side that you look at most but you still get the other white walls to give a sense of space.

Audrey said...

I like Frances' idea. Much better than trying to get a curtain around it.

You should check it out.

Hannah's Mom said...

Fabulous!! I love it! Especially your yard sale find... couldnt have been more perfect!

the skirt from the underside of the sink, I think it is going to be perfect.

I should read before typing... they all sound like great ideas.

Bobbie said...

All is well that ends well and a wonderful look, so nice and fresh looking. I love the white on blue and blue on white. It is like being at the ocean, one would never tire of it :)

Artists With Artitude said...

Wow!!! The blue gives a very Mediterranean look. Love the butterflies..

Now, I wonder where Rima got that brilliant idea. Hummm...let me think..was it my kitchen wall, per chance??

I actually like Frances' suggestion too. More work? Oh no!!

Rima said...

Neda is a very silly person.

I love Frances' idea too - because it would work a lot better with the "clean" look of the bathroom. A curtain, whatever material you choose -even a crisp linen, which won't stay crisp, will distract from that serene look you've achieved

Hannah's Mom said...

Debi... The blue in your header is the same blue as your bathroom. :) Just noticed that. LOL