Sunday, September 09, 2007

Lubbock




Trip to Lubbock, Texas. Click to see larger images

I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, or rather as many good pictures as I would have liked, but rest assured I had a wonderful time spent with Donna and her mom Margie.

About the Symposium, well, I ended up running very late getting there, and once there, the focus mechanism on Donna's camera broke! We spent quite some time trying to figure out if it was merely a setting gone awry, but found nothing we did made any difference. Then we high-tailed it to the computer at the library to see if there was anything online as a remedy. We didn't find an answer to the problem, but we did find to our great relief that her camera is still under warranty and can be sent in for repair for free.

The pictures I did get:
  • Not just a cowboy problem.
  • I resisted buying another book, but I love the covers
  • A typical modest Texas farm
  • Around Lubbock, as far as the eye can see: cotton
  • Cotton blossom
  • Cotton boll
  • A huge hawk
  • A wildflower that I would like to go back and get more, better pictures of
  • The typical view nearing home again
Donna did get a few pictures even without the auto focusing (what a photographer!), and she will be posting on her blog.

5 comments:

Bobbie said...

So glad you enjoyed your time in Lubbock, where it is flatter 'n a flitter as they say up there. Well, the folks that didn't go? We stayed home and worked...just ask Antigone :)

lebanesa said...

Looks like fun - good her camera is still under warranty - glad you had a good time.

Rima said...

Texas is unique and magic - glad you had a good time

Bev said...

Wow! A real cowboy.

And that is the sort of open road I normally only see in films. I bet you take care not to break down LOL

Lisa said...

The last photo is just what Big John misses most about Texas. The big open sky, "The Big Country". We used to love watching the storms roll in and all of the sunsets and sunrises.