Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wild with wildflowers


I'm being made wild with wildflowers such as this globemallow.

Today at lunch I took pictures of all the wildflowers that are in bloom on my 1/2 acre, a tiny part of earth that feels like heaven to me right now. And this, so far, isn't even one of those great years for wildflowers.

In bloom I saw globemallows, soft greeneyes, scarlet gaura, yellow evening primroses, ground cherries, wild onions, peppergrass, perfume balls, Tahoka daisies, spiny daisies, lazy daisies, sow thistle, Texas vervain, Texas stork's bill. And two or three more that I don't know the names for.

Going through my wildflower handbooks to help identify what I saw, I realized there are lots more wildflowers that have yet to appear. That makes me very happy.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

This one is WONDERFUL!