Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Bedroom "Art" Before


Made in China (I'm sure) Art

So, this is the art (a simple Hobby Lobby print) that I plan to replace with my own collage series.

Any one else like this: you have lots of ideas and bursts of creativity, but when it comes to doing the things for yourself, you lag way behind? Sometimes lagging all the way to never. I thought about this and realized the difference is when I make things for others I typically have a deadline -- a birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas. That gets the ball rolling for me. Things for myself, however, have no deadline. They languish on the long To Do Someday List.

That's why I'm making this project a birthday present for myself -- June 9th, in case you were wondering ;) My goal is to have it finished by the time I leave out of town on Thursday. If all goes well, I'll be posting the After picture tomorrow!

3 comments:

Bobbie said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with. Knowing you, it will be very creative!

lebanesa said...

What a great idea!
What is it about doing stuff for ourselves? Is it a Mummy thing? We lose the habit?
Can't wait to see your collage(s)

Audrey said...

I can't wait either!