Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Kitten Doesn't Like the Rain


Watching the raindrops

More than anything, Kitten loves her freedom. When it rains, this is how she feels.

In spite of that, we had a good time last night:
  • painting watercolors
  • making tuna fish sandwiches
  • playing work on the computer
  • jumping on Granny's bed (& Granny)
  • feeding Dixie some popcorn
  • watching one episode of Gumby
  • doing dishes (with lots of soap)
  • and the second it stopped raining, stripping down to her underwear and playing out in a mud puddle.

P.S. Yesterday's mystery flower was a red yucca, Hesperaloe parviflora, with a rusted metal fence in the background. You can see more of the red yucca plant here. And of course, a search on Flickr always results in fabulous photos.

5 comments:

lebanesa said...

But I bet I know someone who is glad when it rains and she gets the chance to play with Katlynn, and of course be jumped on... LOL
thanks for the link. That yucca flower is so gorgeous.

Bobbie said...

I would have never guessed that was the flower, it just looked so tropical and exotic. Uncle Mike gave me a small one and I have it still in the pot, but it has grown and is ready to plant. It has not bloomed yet.

I agree with Katlynn. I don't like the rain either, but after the long drought we had I am more appreciative. She is so cute on the little stool.

How did you get this photo so large anyhow?

Antigone said...

What a cutie! And poor her not liking storms. I am probably the one who traumatized her by sticking us in the hallway with a candle and radio a while back when we had that bad storm. I guess every kid has to go through it though.

Irene said...

That's a very beautiful photograph of your granddaughter, Debi. That is one to treasure forever. Both the child and the photograph!

Artists With Artitude said...

I agree with Irene. We'll have to keep ya too :)