Thursday, September 06, 2007

Somersault girl


Somersault girl

Another fun thing to do with your camera: stick it where you yourself can't go.

That's what I did yesterday. Driving home from a customer site, I stopped by the Noel Heritage Plaza Park. The park has half a dozen life-sized statues of children playing*.

When I came upon Somersault Girl, I wondered -- for the first time -- what her face would look like. The only way to see would be to lay underneath her, and even then it would be a tight fit and possibly get me thrown out of the park. On a whim, I put my camera there to see what it could see. I blindly pointed the camera, held the focus button, and clicked. Ta Da! I could see her face, full of "summersault" joy, at last.


*I forgot to look to see who the artist is and now can't find it online. D'oh!

8 comments:

Rima said...

Hilarious! you're so much fun, love it

nelda said...

Debi, you never cease to amaze me!

Hannah's Mom said...

What a great picture!! How do you do it?! That shot is perfect and yes, you can see the joy of the somersault. :)

Bobbie said...

I love this different shot of Somersault Girl. I can just see you doing this...you are such a fun girl yourself!

Bobbie said...

p.s. you are #1 on google search for "noel heritage plaza somersault". Of course you are always #1 to me!

lebanesa said...

that somersault girl reminds me of one of the pictures of your mother - how very strange, I think it is the lively eyes and the cheekbones? Don't know, maybe just the look of joie de vivre?

Artists With Artitude said...

Great technique..Looks like there is a happy critter in her mouth?!

Audrey said...

I'm actually pretty creeped out by her face. I don't know... Something about it makes me shudder. Could be the creepy spider egg nest in her mouth.